The 2014 Brass Blast - Cancelled
Unfortunately we had to cancel the 3rd annual Brass Blast. This year's Brass Blass failed to attract enough of the regions brass players to make it a viable event. We appreciate your continued support as we take a look at what can be done for future events like this in support of Music Education. We will be refunding all registration fees collected as well as any sponsorship donations. We will return to the drawing board to see what we can do to be sure we keep Music Education "top of mind" in our Boards' of Education and the public in general.
Erik Semmel Southington Brass
About the Brass Blast
The Southington Brass Blast is a brass festival, a Guinness World Record attempt for the largest trumpet ensemble, concert and a benefit for organizations that support students and musicians. At least 1,167 trumpeters are needed to break the record.
"The Brass Blast represents everything that is right in a healthy community. The event showcases high quality professionals working and volunteering with today's youth for the good of others...it just does not get any better!" - Dr. Joseph Erardi, Superintendent of Schools, Southington, CT.
About the 2013 Brass Blast
Thank you to the almost 300 brass players, their fans and our volunteers who joined us on April 27, 2013. Over $6,000 was raised for three worthy causes. View the official 2013 Brass Blast video and learn more about the 2013 Brass Blast. More photos and video from 2013 are also on the Southington Brass Facebook page. At our first two events we were thrilled to see families and friends performing together: kids, parents and grandparents; adult siblings; old college friends; current and former band members; teachers with groups of their students; etc.
The Brass Blast has benefited three worthy organizations:
- The Mill Foundation for Kids - www.millfoundation.org
- Southington High School Band Backers - www.shsmarchingband.com
- Connecticut Music Educators Association (CMEA) - www.cmea.org
"The Connecticut Music Educators Association (CMEA) is proud to support the Brass Blast. CMEA strives to support programs and activities such as this, for students, professional educators, and future music educators which in turn enhances the quality of music education for all children in Connecticut." - Dale D. Griffa, President, CMEA
We would like to thank our lead sponsors.
- TAB Computer Systems, Inc.
- Vantis Life Insurance Company
- Liberty Bank
We would like to thank our other supporters.
-Southington Band Backers
- NAMM Foundation's SupportMusic Coalition
- WTIC NewsTalk 1080
- Emendee Technologies: Telecommunications and Energy Solutions
- Jaeger Brass: Brass Instrument Specialists
- The Music Shop of Southington
- D'Agostino & Mazzone, LLC: Certified Public Accountants, Business & Financial Advisors
- Swiss Cleaners & Uniform Services
- Music & Arts
- Resources Management Corporation: financial investment advisory services (West Hartford)
- ChopSaver - ChopSaver has donated their lip balm.
- Bugles Across America
- Torpedo Bag - Torpedo Bag has donated a Royal Blue Peacemaker trumpet bag for the raffle.